2021/05/19

Old photos of Knudsen, Mickelsen, Teaquist and Huldeen

Not long ago I received a message from Howard Willey saying he had some old photos from Odebolt that he would like to share with any family descendants that might still live in the Odebolt area. I asked him to send scans or phone shots of them.

Howard says:
When my great grandmother immigrated from Denmark in 1883 she settled in Odebolt. She lived there until she got married in 1892, then she lived the rest of her life in Anthon, Iowa. Her name was Anna Knudsen Mickelsen 1865-1917.

(PLEASE RIGHT CLICK EACH PHOTO,
from the menu choose "Open Link in a New Tab",
then click the photo again to enlarge it.)

Anna Knudsen Mickelsen

Anna Knudsen Mickelsen

Below: The first person my great grandmother met in Odebolt was Anna Teaquist 1864-1947. Anna Teaquist married John Huldeen. I noticed in the Odebolt graveyard there are several Teaquist and Huldeen graves. Are there any of the descendants still living in the area that are interested in these pictures?

In the round picture Knudsen is on the left and Teaquist is on the right. In the fancy dresses picture are the same ladies, Knudsen on the right. 

                                                 Anna Knudsen Mickelsen and Anna Teaquist Huldeen

 

Anna Teaquist Huldeen and Anna Knudsen Mickelsen

 Below, the woman seated on the left is my great grandmother Anna Knudsen Mickelsen 1865-1917. I’m pretty sure the woman standing second from the left is Anna Teaquist Huldeen 1864-1947. The picture I assume is of a church ladies group or some other club/organization. Hopefully someone recognizes the other ladies

If you can identify any other of these women, please email me ((Barb Girvan Horak) at the email address on the right column. Also contact me if you wish to have Howard's contact info. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be pre-approved by the editors before publishing - Thanks!