2014/07/08

Help identify Swedish men



Click the photo to enlarge it.

The photo was taken at Frey's Studio, 3rd and Main St. in Odebolt in 1897.
Standing from Left: Anton Nilsson ... Julius Nilsson .... August Johnson (Johansson)
Sitting from left: John Monson ... Olander "Ole" Johnson ... Nils Johnson (Johansson) ...Taylor Johnson

The above photo was sent by Anders Nilsson from Bastad, Sweden, asking for identities, which have now been found.  

Anders' grandfather was Julius Nilsson/Nelson, who returned to Sweden in 1897; Julius' brother is Anton Nilsson; cousins are John Monson and Ole Johansson/Johnson (married "Anna" in Odebolt on Jan. 23, 1901).  August and Nils Johnson (Johansson) are brothers.


Update - From an Anders Nilsson email, January 5, 2017:
In June 2014 I sent you a mail asking or help to identify 3 of the 7 persons on photo taken in Odebolt about 1897.  In December 2016 I received a mail from Nan Johnson in Shepardstown, WV, telling that she is almost sure that one of the men is Taylor Johnson, her grandfathers father (and I agree). Taylor Johnson was born in Sweden as Tiliander Jonsson.  Then I believe that the two remaining are the brothers Nils and August Johnson (Johansson). I thank you for your effort to help me and I hope I will be able to visit Odebolt the coming years.

All the Best for 2017
Anders Nilsson.

Please leave comments below or email us at

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be pre-approved by the editors before publishing - Thanks!